Broth Eggs

Posted on | March 20, 2013 | 7 Comments

I’m always on the lookout for high protein breakfasts. With 3 growing boys, protein is very important. Along with protein, I’m aiming for nutrient dense foods for their first meal of the day. Several years ago I tried my hand at egg drop soup. It was a hit among 2 of the 3 boys but not something we’d necessarily want for breakfast. We had done a tomato poached egg, something we’d found in the Cooking TF Mailers. Huevos Ranch-tatoes have become a favourite, both for breakfast & lunch. They are all delicious! Still on a hunt for action packed breakfasts, I continued my hunt & continued racking my brain.

And the Broth Egg was born. A cross between egg drop soup & poached eggs, by drinking the broth, you get those extra nutrients! I’d never been a fan of poached eggs. They were always too bland for me. The broth not only adds nutrients, but it makes the eggs a lot less bland & a lot more delicious!

[boilerplate siggy]

Pork Chops with Apple Curry Sauce
Breakfast Sausage

Comments

7 Responses to “Broth Eggs”

1. Rachael
    March 20th, 2013 @ 9:06 am

Such a neat idea! I’ve been following you on FB for a while, but admit this is the first time I’ve made it to your page. I really like it! I had no idea you emphasize traditional foods, too. I thought it was all beautiful mixing bowls and Mason jars. 😉 GLAD to be here!
    Rachael recently posted..Simple Sourdough Coffee Cake Recipe with Coconut Spiced Crumble

March 20th, 2013 @ 10:25 am

LOL! Yup, much more than kitchen paraphernalia 😀 Glad you came by <3

3. 101 Real Food Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less, Start to Finish | Cooking Traditional Foods
    March 21st, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

[…] Broth Eggs […]

4. Soli
    March 21st, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

Yay, thank you for posting this one!
    Soli recently posted..Where things stand – an update

March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:21 am

You’re very welcome, Soli! Hope you enjoy it 🙂

6. Mackenzie
    April 18th, 2013 @ 9:10 am

I made these this morning and they were surprisingly DELICIOUS! I am new to the GAPS diet and struggle with what to make. Your information is so helpful to me! Thanks for sharing 🙂

April 18th, 2013 @ 11:08 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed them, & I appreciate you taking the time to stop by & tell us so 🙂 Good luck on GAPS!